Are you looking for the best self improvement books to change your life? Here is a list of some of the top self-help, personal development and spirituality books to spark your soul, open your mind and transform your life.
21 of the best self improvement books
1. The Power Of Now by Eckhart Tolle :: An amazing introduction to the concept that you are NOT your thoughts – you are the observer of your thoughts. This book will help you to calm your swirling thoughts and emotions and live in the present more!
2. The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks :: Do you ever sabotage your happiness or success? Or you feel stuck at the same level in your finances, weight, relationships, or life in general? This book is an incredible explanation of how hidden limiting beliefs and fears can cause us to sabotage our goals and dreams – and what to do about it.
3. Whatever Arises Love That by Matt Kahn :: Do you struggle with self love or having compassion for yourself? Do you find it hard to deal with your emotional rollercoasters and triggers? This book teaches you how to love what arises in you! It will open your heart up to yourself.
4. Ask And It Is Given by Abraham Hicks :: One of the best beginner books on manifesting your desires, this book will teach you some of the basics you need to know to begin using the law of attraction to your advantage. It also has tools for increasing your joy.
5. The Strangest Secret by Earl Nightingale :: This is a fantastic short book on how your mindset creates your life – think positively and you will get positive results. It includes a 30 day challenge you can take to test this premise out for yourself. Bonus tip: You can also listen to the recording for free on YouTube. Just search for it.
6. E-Cubed and E-Squared by Pam Grout :: Two super fun books with simple and practical manifesting experiments you can try out for yourself to test the power of the Universe. I did one experiment and manifested running into a celebrity entrepreneur!
7. The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer :: Still struggling with negative thoughts or being easily angered or upset by other people? This book is a humorous and beautiful explanation of the voice in your head and how to surrender or let things go.
8. A Return To Love by Marianne Williamson :: A beautiful outline of the principles in the famous metaphysical text A Course In Miracles. The book talks about how we are ruled by fear and the ego, and how to get back to love and living from the soul.
9. Making A Change For Good by Cheri Huber :: This is an amazing book based on Zen Buddhism. The author walks you through how to meditate, live in the present, and let go of sabotaging patterns keeping you stuck.
10. Light Is The New Black by Rebecca Campbell :: Do you feel like you came to earth at this time to help wake up souls and create big positive change? This book is for you. It is about light workers who have come here to create heaven on earth.
11. Spiritual Economics by Eric Butterworth :: An amazing book blending wealth principles with spiritual principles. Improving your finances is both a practical and a mindset game. This book will help you with the latter – changing your mindset.
12. Eastern Body Western Mind by Anodea Judith :: Have you heard of or been interested in the chakras? They are energy centres running through our body that influence things like our personal power, creativity, grounded-ness and intuition. This book is a super in-depth look at each chakra, including how to better use yours.
13. Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender by David Hawkins :: A beautiful book on the art of surrender – letting go of things that trigger you and attachment to outcomes. If you have never understood what surrender means this book is for you!
14. The War of Art by Steven Pressfield :: This is for any creative-types (or wannabe creatives) who cannot seem to start that book, paint that painting, launch that business or stop procrastinating from fear or overwhelm. The book explains the difference between amateurs and pros and teaches you how to do the work!
15. Writing Down Your Soul by Janet Conner :: If you enjoyed my Beginner Guide to Soul Writing – you will love this book. It tells the story of how soul writing changed the author’s life and provides detailed instructions and great writing prompts too.
16. A Course In Miracles :: I love this book and it did change my life – but be warned, the language can be a bit heavy at first. If you do feel called to it, you might find it helpful to start with the 365 daily exercises rather than the text. The book details spiritual concepts like the ego, God, fear, love, Christ-mindedness miracles and happiness.
17. Uncovering Happiness by Elisha Goldstein :: If you need help with happiness but are not into the woo-woo spiritual stuff, this is a more psychology-based approach to getting out of the unhappiness trap and better handling your thoughts.
18. The Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu :: This is a famous Chinese text from 3000-odd years ago but the wisdom is still incredibly useful today. Given the language is slightly cryptic you may wish to buy a book with a study guide or explanation. The late author Wayne Dyer famously lived by this wisdom.
19. The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra :: A simple and classic book outlining seven spiritual principles and how to use them in your life – the laws include giving, karma, desire and intention, least effort and dharma.
20. Wake Up and Live! by Dorothea Brande :: This book helped me take inspired action and get more done in flow. The author explains how to create a mindset and feeling of success before beginning a task so that you can accomplish your dreams with ease. (You can usually listen to this book on YouTube).
21. The Bhagavad Gita :: This is a famous ancient Hindu scripture. It is written as a story about a famous battle and contains spiritual principles throughout. Gandhi famously lived by these principles. It has taught me invaluable wisdom like how to give full effort in my endeavours but be detached from results.
Special mention also goes to the following books:
Radical Self Love: A Guide to Loving Yourself by Gala Darling :: A magical blend of wisdom and inspiration, Gala started my self-love journey many years ago and her work is incredible.
The Magic by Rhonda Byrne :: Fantastic if you need gratitude exercises and ideas.
Manifesting Change by Mike Dooley :: Another fun manifesting book.
The Way of Mastery :: A light-hearted alternative to A Course In Miracles.
Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz :: A boy I had a crush on gave me this book when I was young and it was my first introduction to the power of mindset.
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho :: A fiction book but with so many life truths.
Illusions by Richard Back :: My favourite fiction book on manifesting and soul.
Excuse Me Your Life Is Waiting by Lynn Grabhorn :: A hilarious, insightful and wise book on manifesting your dreams.
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert :: An inspiring and funny book on creativity and the creative life.
Any of the Thich Nhat Hanh books :: Collections of mindfulness short stories and brilliant words of wisdom.
I hope you enjoyed this list of 21 of the best self improvement books.
p.s. Are you tired of living on autopilot? Do you have a feeling there could be MORE to life? Are you confused about your purpose or how to actually make your goals and dreams happen? Would you love to learn how to master your mindset for more happiness and inner peace? Would you love to create a beautiful life you love? The Beautiful Life Bootcamp 6-week online course has been designed just for you! Find out more and join here today.
FREE Resource Library